Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

Psalm 100:4 "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise, Be thankful to Him, and bless His name"

Isn't it appropriate that Thanksgiving is the first holiday of the "season" that ultimately ushers in the New Year? I mean, what better way to reflect on the past year and start thinking about the year ahead than by giving thanks.

I have so many things to be thankful for. So many things that I take for granted day-to-day that I do not deserve. First and foremost, God's love for me and Jesus dying on the cross. Without Him I am nothing and could not do half of what I do.

I'm thankful for my boys and the great kids that they are.

Although Zachary pushes me straight off the steepest end of the cliff sometimes, he is a light to my world. A good snuggle buddy and champion wrestler (I loose every time). He is smart and loves to tell stories. I am very afraid of what he tells at school..LOL! And words cannot express how proud I am of Joseph. He's a leader and very much his own person. Even his teachers tell me that. What they also tell me is that he is a good kid and adored by everyone. He makes good choices most of the time, and honestly, other than a little smart mouth every now and then, does not give me trouble. I love them both so much and couldn't imagine my life without either of them.

I am thankful for my job and the ability to provide for my family. I couldn't ask for a more lenient boss that is flexible, approachable, and more than fair on most occasions. Although we have to remind him sometimes that he is not perfect, I believe that God knew Logan is who I would need to work for at this moment in my life and He went before me to make that provision.

I am very thankful for great friends!!! There are too many to name and they are ALL very important to me. Accountability partners, prayer warriors, and just plain fun gals! I am very blessed to have them all and appreciate them very much.

I'm thankful for my family and miss them terribly sometimes. They are crazy, dysfunctional and quite hilarious! What I love most, though, is that they genuinely love each other and they love God. We have such a good time when we all get together. One of my favorite things that we don't do often enough anymore is when we gather together and sing. Hopefully we will have time to do that at one of our holiday gatherings.

I'm thankful for the opportunity that God gave me to right some wrongs of my past. The biggest being finishing college....ask me how THANKFUL I am to be graduating in a couple of weeks :o)!

God has taken me on an incredible journey this last year. While I don't have everything that I want, and my heart sometimes longs for things to happen much quicker than they do, I am thankful that I have everything that I need. I am thankful that God didn't give up on me. My heart overflows with gratitude because I can clearly see where He has brought me from...believe me, it wasn't pretty. While I don't know exactly where He is taking me to (and I really hope it involves a Prince Charming), I know that His plan is perfect, which makes me very thankful the He is in control of my future.

No comments: