Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Attitude Confessions

Galatians 5:19-22
"Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: ... strife, ...., fits of anger, ..., dissensions, divisions, ...and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law"

Let me just go ahead and say that there has not been much practice of the fruits of the Spirit around my house this week! Over scheduled momma and kids have not made for very good company....it seems that the least little things have set one or all of us over the edge, and it only takes one of us to get a bad attitude and the other two soon follow! Strife, fits of anger, dissensions and divisions have shown up too many times the last few days!

Maybe I should have been better prepared for this week...a friend asked me how they could pray for me this week. My answer was for them to pray that the boys and me would have good attitudes with each other and about the things that we needed to do this week. Sure fire way to be tested in this area.

But I INTEND to keep my covenant with the Lord. We will keep working on our attitudes and declare that these things have no place in our lives. Ecclesiastes 4:12 "Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not easily broken" 

No comments: