Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Random

Last night and this morning I was feeling so overwhelmed with everything that has been happening the last few weeks. It also doesn't help that I am a woman and we are overly emotional sometimes, or the fact that our days have been filled with non-stop running from one event to another.....some days I feel like I have driven enough to have gone to SC and back!

My uncle Randy died unexpectedly, my stepmom's sister died (she had cancer), our dog was missing and we found him dead, one of the goldfish died (I admit the goldfish is probably not the best example, it's just that it is one more death), and Monday my best friend called to say that her dad who has Alzheimer's was not expected to live much longer (he died today).....

So much death and tragedy all in one time frame is just overwhelming. Whether expected or unexpected, death is never easy. Running from sun up to sun down certainly takes its toll, and we all know how crazy hormones can make us (men included...I don't know why y'all think you are exempt!).

This morning I was sitting and pondering things that have happened, all that was going on and the feelings of  insecurity rising up because of a situation that I don't have complete clarity on and just started crying. Life is just overwhelming sometimes! 

I opened my Bible to look for a scripture that might help me quiet the insecurity that was trying to make matters worse, and looked over to the page before the passage I wanted, and this is what it said....

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work" 2 Corinthians 9:8

Immediately I felt peace, and thanked God that even in the midst of this chaos and emotional breakdown and death He reminded me that His grace is enough. He will give me the grace to handle these circumstances and anything else that life might decide to send my way. He will be sufficient in all areas of my life (even crazy hormonal areas) and will equip me for the good work that He has planned for me.

I trust You, Jesus, and declare today that Your grace, is indeed, enough!

No comments: