Friday, November 11, 2011

Finding Jesus - Finding Me

Jeremiah 29: 11-14
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, gather you from all the nations and from all that places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive"

I am just going to tell you that the first part of that verse drives me crazy sometimes because it is not the words that I want to hear. I am a very determined person who has always had a plan and likes to know what is going to happen, when it is going to happen, how it is going to happen and the final outcome. This part of the scripture is calling me to place of much discomfort because it doesn't allow me to be in control. I like control.

But as I have analyzed (something that I tend to over do to just about everything) the happenings over the course of my life, I see the plans that God has for me. I don't know what the future holds, but somehow seeing where He has brought me from gives me peace about where He is taking me to. Whether I know exactly where that is or not.

One plan that I definitely know He has for me is to draw me into a closer relationship with Him. This where the other words of this passage speak to me.

The events that have happened in my life in the last few years caused me to take true inventory of how much I seek the Lord and the quality of time that I spend with Him. As I learned to truly seek the Lord and pray to Him, I really did find Him!

What a difference it has made in my life. I love Jesus like I never have before and truly want all that He has for me. I LOVE His word and how it speaks to me. I can't wait to spend time with Him each day and always search for more ways to include Him in my life.

I surely have been brought back from captivity. From  places that I went to because of my lack of trust in the Lord. My lack of good judgement. My need to be in control and not surrender to what God had for me.

But the only place I can imagine being, that is better than where I am right now, is where God is taking me.

No comments: