Monday, November 21, 2011

Distraction

I want to start this post by revisiting my previous post. I want to clarify that I am still friends with this person and that there are no hard feelings between us. I am not struggling with rejection of any kind but rather exactly what I talked about, knowing God's plan.

Sometimes we get into the mentality that we have heard from God, but in reality we are trying to make things happen that we think will make us happy. The things that are going to satisfy us at that moment. But the reality is, is that they are not God's plan.

Our enemy wants nothing more than to distract us from the call that God has on our lives. Satan will do everything that he can to keep us from fulfilling that calling, especially where our thoughts are concerned. When we are consumed with a situation or circumstance or emotion our focus isn't on God and where He is leading us.

1 Peter 5:8 says that the devil walks around like a lion seeking those that he can destroy. What better way to "destroy" us than to attack our minds and take our focus off of the things of God.

If he can keep me thinking about my situations and circumstances or the things that I desire (a godly man) then he can keep me from thinking about the good things that God has already done and the places that God is leading me.

Have I been distracted? Absolutely! But my hope and trust is in the Lord and I will "be sober, be vigilant" and "resist him" (the adversary) becuase my God who is of all grace has called me to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus. And once this trial is over He will perfect, establish, strengthen and settle me (1 Peter 5:10).

No comments: