Sunday, December 04, 2011

God is My Defender

 In the last few weeks there have been a few people that have spoken lies about me questioning my integrity and making accusations that I do not live a life according to God's word. I found several scriptures about the Lord being my defender but I chose this one to use for this situation.

2 Samuel 22:3 "My God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence."

The Lord knows the truth about what these people have said about me. He will deliver me from their slander. He knows my heart. While I really wanted to be mad at them, I decided that I wouldn't be upset or launch into a defense but will see it for what it is. An attack of satan. His attempt to distract me from the things that God is calling me to.

Nothing makes satan madder or more determined to create problems than when someone starts fulfilling the call that God has on their life. I am certainly far from perfect and my flesh wants to rise up in anger that is not so righteous sometimes. But, I am definitely in a place where God is working, changing, and leading me into deeper things with Him.

So while I am moving forward and believing that God is my refuge and place of safety, I will also remember that Jesus said, "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" (John 16:33). That includes lies spoken against me.

No comments: