Tuesday, December 13, 2011

More Than You Can Imagine

To go along with my blog about worrying too much about what people think, I have a follow up to prove my paranoia..haha.

Yesterday my dad commented on a photo and said "I love you more than you can imagine". When I first saw this I thought, "that's a little weird". Immediately I wondered what people would think about a comment like that. I mean, isn't that a term better suited for a significant other or spouse?

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized just how relevant those words are at this stage of my life. Most of my life I have not imagined that my dad loved me at all. So the words "I love you more than you can imagine" are a very appropriate reminder that God has brought healing and restoration to my relationship with my dad. That He is a God who keeps His word and does the things He says He will do when I am willing to submit to Him and be obedient to Him.

It is also a reminder that if my earthly father can love me that much, how much more does my heavenly Father, who knew me long before my dad, love me?

The answer....more than I can imagine.

Ephesians 3:16-19

"that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God"

No comments: