Monday, June 08, 2009

Turning Point

It seems that we have reached a turning point in the midst of all this turmoil. Dan and I had a long talk yesterday during which he said to me that he knows that I have been praying and that something has broken through to God because God has been talking to him (Dan)about it. Those are the greatest words that I have heard in awhile. Dan also agreed that he would move his office here and have the people he works for fax information that he needs and we will discuss all aspects of his business, and we are going to marital counseling. Our first appointment is tomorrow afternoon at 5pm. This has been a LONG time coming. I am so glad that things seem to be moving forward. I really did not want my marriage to end but for years we had been skirting around the same issues and nothing ever changing. I am being cautious as we move forward...I realize that just making the commitments doesn't fix the issues, but it is a first step. Anyway, I am going to hold on to this verse today, from Philippians chp. 4: "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus". Everyone please pray for us that both of us will change what needs to be changed so that we can move forward in all God has for us!

No comments: