Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First Counseling Session

Well, I didn't know what I expected the first time around but I guess it went OK. The counselor only talked to me about 10 minutes and talked to Dan the rest of the time. He managed to avoid answers to her questions about him by redirecting them to me some how. She finally asked him, "so if we fix Christie then everything will be ok?" Of course, he said no. It ended with her asking for him to come alone next week. He made an appointment for Monday. Everyone please continue to pray for us, especially for Dan's coming appointment. On a positive note, after we got home I went to sit on the sofa and Dan had put a card there that says, "I don't know how you do it, you give so much to both work and family....and you do it so well. I don't know how you do it- but I want you to know I really admire you". Very sweet and I hope it is a sign of things to come....I was sure to tell him that I appreciate him going to counseling, especially by himself.

No comments: