Tuesday, September 06, 2011

New Every Morning

I was listening to the song "One Life to Love" by 33 Miles today. I loved that song when it first came out but haven't listened to it in a while. It's about loving the life you have and only having one chance to make the most of it.

I am so guilty of not making the most of every moment and living in the shadow of my regrets rather than moving forward and enjoying the life I have at this moment.

Lamentations 3:22-23 says:
"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.  They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness"

No matter what choices I have made or regrets I have, God's love does not fail me. He does not hold my mistakes or sin against me but shows me mercy and gives me a new start every morning. While I was listening to that song, I could "hear" the Lord telling me to stop living in regret. It wasn't an audible voice, but was One that spoke straight to my heart, the still small voice that you know has to be the voice of God.

God wants the same from you, too. He redeems and changes situations in order to prove His faithfulness and that He is a God that keeps His promises. Don't live in regret another day, being it all to Him and lay it down. Move forward in all that God has for you.

Father I thank you that Your mercies are new every morning and that Your mercies never run out on us. You are faithful, and compassionate. Because of this the pain of our past or the thoughts of regrets will not consume us. We will be set free if we surrender these regrets and things of the past to You. Bring Your healing Lord and help us make the most of every new day You give us. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments: