Monday, September 12, 2011

My First 5K

On Friday September 2nd, I ran my first 5K race with a group my sister joined called First Flight. The group was set up for beginners that have never ran a race before. They are so encouraging and motivating. I was always jealous of their group runs during training that I was too far away from!

I have to admit that I was concerned about the race because 1- I had not (I thought) trained enough 2- I am much more inclined to run on the treadmill rather than outside. The few times that I did attempt to run outside were not that successful!

But, I finished the race. 41.18 minutes....which is faster than my "normal" time. It was a lot of fun and not as hard as I had expected. However, I did walk some on the way back up (which actually makes me feel better about my time). The first 1 1/2 miles (approx.) seemed very easy. When I turned to go back up is when the trouble started. I started to feel nauseous so I started walking, when I started walking I got really hungry...go figure! But eventually I walked/ran my way to the finish line.....

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

No comments: