Monday, August 09, 2021

Full Circle

In Philippians 1:6 the Apostle Paul is encouraging the church of Philippi by stating that he is certain that He who began a good work in them would see it to completion. Essentially, what God has started will not be abandoned, He will fulfill His promises and His call in our lives. 

In June of 1991, I was a 17 year-old girl headed off for college with dreams of becoming a teacher. Teaching was something that I felt called to do, it was embedded in my heart. There was not another career that even entered my realm of thinking. The Lord opened a very wide door for me to pursue teaching and change the trajectory of my life. However, I was too immature, insecure, undisciplined, fill in the blank with any number of adjectives, to stay on this path of opportunity. 

Fast forward 15 years and 2 kids later I was still a wreck, but had somehow managed to build a career for myself in Hospitality & Tourism. This career brought me to Tennessee in the fall of 2006. As I began to establish myself in the community, the Lord began speaking to me about the dreams He had placed in me as a child. 

Fast forward another 15 years, I have successfully obtained 3 college degrees, and when presented with another wide open door I walked through it with the confidence that God was completing the work that He had begun in me so many years ago. As I enter into my second year of teaching high school, I am in awe of the (one and only) God who did not give up on me or the calling that He had for my life. 

This is my full-circle. This is the completion of His work in me. This is the redemption of grace, and healing from my past that makes the future possible. No matter where you are today, God has not given up on you. He has not forgotten the hopes, dreams, promises that He placed in your heart. Be encouraged, and, like the Apostle Paul, realize that some of the things we go through on the way to God's completion serve to further the gospel and lead others to Him. 

Be brave, be confident, and trust the Lord to bring you full-circle into His will and plan for your life. 

No comments: