Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Not Stuck, Just Waiting

Sunday our pastor taught on how we might feel stuck in our situations. But, what really is happening is that God is asking us to wait. This was a timely message for me as my wait often feels like a stuck. This is prehaps the biggest wrestle that I have with the Lord because I am a "let's get this done, how can I make this happen, bring it on" kind of gal. Because of this, my waits are not short or very pretty.

The last two years have proved to be some of the hardest I have faced. I never thought that operating a brand new hotel could be so much of a challenge. The whole shebang has been one challenge right after another. Everything that I thought I knew about this industry and running a hotel has been challenged. I can't keep staff, nothing is stable, what I thought I knew about the budgeting/financial process, and how to read financials apparently is completly wrong. And, the list goes on....somedays I question how I even got this far in this industry.

Along side these challenges, I see doors closing that I was SURE that God opened. I have been talked to about promotion only to have nothing more be said, I have been pursued by another company only to have that pursuit abandoned after I showed interest in making the switch. I applied for teaching a teaching position in which I received a rejection letter not five minutes after I submitted the application (even though I knew someone who sat on that school's board of directors). I was chosen to be on an education committee to review curriculm for vocational education, specifically, hospitality education, only to be told recently that they no longer needed me for this commitee. Ideas that I presented in our community for hospitality education that were intially rejected have recently come to fruition under the suggestions of someone else. Really, the list could go on.

I don't say all of this so that you will feel sorry for me. I say this because these are indications that God is asking me to wait...just a little bit longer. They are indications that what I thought was good, is not the BEST that God has in store for me. That is true for you, too.

God asks us to wait, to endure because He has greater things in store for us than what we can comprehend. He knows our hearts, our desires, and, more importantly, His plans for us. Waiting isn't easy and often feels like stuck. The weight of our circumstances makes it really difficult to wait.

However, when we surrender that weight to embrace God's wait we will see that, "through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness . The Lord is my portion...therefore, I hope in Him. The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him," (Lamentations 3:22-25).


1 comment:

Unknown said...

...and you drive with the top down singing county music off key as loud as you can while you wait. ;)