Thursday, June 17, 2010

Parenting Class

Last night Dan and me had to attend a 4 hour parenting class. This is a requirement in the state of Tennessee and is desgined to give you the dos and don'ts of helping your kids cope with divorce. The class did offer a lot of good information and reitterated several things that I have been saying to Dan such as, "take the boys to their ball games and/or practice and stop complaining about it being during your visitation". And also that structure is good for kids and they need that in their lives. I don't think that it helped him at all, though, except to give him false ideas about what he can dictate for our boys and me. He even asked if the courts ever make the spouse that makes more money pay spousal support to the other one. Since I make more money than he claims to make (he gets paid cash most of the time), I assume that he would want me to pay him spousal support. Seriously, I don't even know what to say to some of the things that he comes up with. Tomorrow the hardest part (I hope) will be over with. We'll see how things go from here.

No comments: