Monday, May 10, 2010

Good Gifts

Matthew 7:11 says, "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"

A few weeks ago we were driving down the road and Zach was talking to Joseph about having one of those wooden play/swing sets in the backyard. He was talking with such feeling about wanting one of those, and wishing that we could get one. When I heard the sencerity in his voice I wanted to run right out and get one. Of course, several things stopped me from doing so, but as a mother who longs to give her children the desires of their hearts, I hurt because I could not do that for him.

Not a moment later, the above scripture came into my mind. As much as I desired to give that to Zach, how much more does God desire to give me the things that I want. Does His heart ache the way that mine did when He, because of my disobedience or bad choices, cannot give me the things that I desire? I think, definitely, yes.

The last few months have been a very diffcult journey for me, but I know that through it all, God has never stopped wanting to give me the good gifts He has for me. He has already given so much. For that I am very thankful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think this is a beautiful comparision. Thanks for sharing it!