Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dieting

I have been trying to loose a few pounds (ok, more than a few, but...) and a friend of mine showed me this web site called the Calorie King (www.calorieking.com). Like most other dieting web sites you put in your info and goals and it gives you a plan, but what I like about this is that it gives you the amount of calories, fat, carbs, etc...in just about anything that you can imagine. For $7 per month you can join and there are lots of tools to help you keep track of what you are eating. So far I have lost 5 pounds (in about 3 1/2 weeks) and that's not being "good" all of the time. It is tedious to keep up with what you are eating all of the time but I have become more aware of just what it is that I am eating. Of course, you have to add exercise, too. I have been walking/running everyday and I can tell a big difference in how I feel....now if I could just see the difference in my clothing size! I am proud to say that I can run about a mile and a half now without feeling like I am going to die now (my treadmill is definitely paying for itself now...it took me a few months after I got it to really get into using it). I'm trying to figure out why I even stopped working out to start with. I rather enjoy it since I have started back (alot of years later).

No comments: