Monday, January 02, 2017

2017 - Bring on the New Year

So, I was looking over my blog this morning, and saw that I only posted twice in 2016. WOW- I need to make a resolution to blog more in 2017, but I am afraid that I might not keep it :).

2016 went out (for me) without a bang. As a matter-of-fact, I was in bed and sound asleep long before the ball dropped. I hope that that quite rest is how 2017 will be, or at least there will be more of it in 2017 than there was in 2016. This is what we dealt with last year:

We sold our house in a week, moved into a very small apartment and almost killed each other (ask the neighbors we had at the apartment -LOL), built a new house, played soccer, played basketball, drove my mother-in-law to countless doctor appointments and treatments as she battled lung cancer, sent Joseph off to college, played more basketball and soccer, managed to keep our jobs going, and the kids fed, hung out with friends, made family come and visit us (if you know my mom tell her, "yes she is going to TN every 5 minutes"), and I finished my first year as a PhD student.

When I look at that list, I wonder how we ever made it, then I remember that the Lord is faithful. He gives us just what we need for each day. Not what we needed yesterday, not what we will need tomorrow, but exactly the amount of strength, knowledge, and grace that we will need in the moments we face in the present. Every day is a new day, a chance to start over and follow through on what did not get accomplished yesterday.

So, in 2017, the only resolution that I have is to remember what the Lord brought us through (the good and the bad), and look to Him to sustain us through whatever this new year brings.

2 Corinthians 12: 9, "And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Have a blessed New Year- my thoughts and prayers are with you, and hopefully, I will make more than two posts this year! 

No comments: