Thursday, October 06, 2011

Influencer

I'm not sure when I first started praying this prayer with my boys, but "God let us be influencers rather than the influenced" has become part of our daily prayers. Matthew 5:14-16 tells us that we are to be a light to this world, "a city on a hill that cannot be hidden", and for us to let that light shine before others rather than trying to hide it so that when people see this light they will give glory to God. I sincerely hope that I do this in my home, church and community. But, sometimes I wonder if I really am making an impact, and just how much of an impact that I am making. I wonder if I am being an influencer.

Well, in only the way that God can work, He gave me a confirmation from an unlikely source that affirmed that I am some where on the right track with this train called life.

I am at a conference for work. Before this conference we had to take an assessment test to determine what some of our strengths are. Since I have taken 5 or 6 of these over the years, and have learned a lot through experience, I pretty much know (or thought I knew) how they will come out. But for this particular one, my number one strength/personality trait was, you guessed it, INFLUENCER.

Isn't that so sweet of God to send confirmation like that? I mean, out of all the things that could have come up on this test, and of all the names that the people who developed the test could have called this strength, it was influencer.

Thank You Father for confirmation that I am being an "influencer". Let me not take that lightly, and strive daily to let my light shine brighter for You than the day before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That's a GREAT prayer. So good that I am going to steal it! As parents, we can only hope it sticks.

You have GREAT boys...and I know they will grow up to be the men of God you are training them to be.

PS - Don't worry about the blog's identity crisis....share your heart & the rest will fall into place.