Monday, July 30, 2007

The Wisdom of a 9 Year Old

Joseph and I were driving the other day and I told him to let me listen to a song on the radio. Being the wise 9 year old he is, he used this to bring up the subject of doing two things at once by stating "Mom, you can do two things at once like read and watch TV" so I responded with you can't concentrate on what you are reading if you have the tv on. He said, "well, you can drive and listen to the radio at the same time. If you can't do two things at once you wouldn't be able to do that". I, in my 33 year old wisdom, conceded that I lost that discussion. However, he will still not be allowed to have the tv on while he is supposed to be reading just because "I said so" (I always hated that line growing up but it does come in handy now!!).

No comments: