Sunday, April 29, 2007

Who we are...

Our Pastor speaks alot about defining our "worth"ship thru worship and I must say that this is something that really speaks to my heart. I have often found myself not feeling adequate or out of place...maybe even inferior to everyone else.....most of my life I have defined who I was by what kind of things I had....what kind of house my family lived in, the kind of clothing I wore, what kind of cars we drove.....especially in JR high and high school, I always wanted to be someone else and went to great lengths to try and hide reality because I felt that me and my family were not "normal". I thought that we went thru things and struggles that no one else did. Even though I am a fairly successful adult, I still carried some of those same feelings and have struggled with it.....but now listening to our Pastor I have realized that I need to start listening to more of what God wants from me and less to the world that tells me that who I am is in how big my house is, what name brands I wear and how many friends I have. While there are some things that I would like to have, I realize that unless I learn to be thankful for what I have and enjoy the blessings that God has already given me, I will never be satisfied and my life will end up with alot of regret.....and that I want friends that like me for me and not for the things I have or neighborhood I live in.....So, I am very happy to say that the Lord is helping me define who I am and I am excitd about the places He wants to take me and my family! I know that he will deliver us from this little apartment soon!!! I also want to say thank you to all of my friends that let me share in their lives and show me that I am not so "abnormal" after all!

No comments: